In this blog we outline 7 useful tips for relocating your small business! As things start to develop and evolve with your business, the day may come when you need to move into a larger office. You may need access to meeting rooms or break out areas, or you may just require more space for your growing workforce. It’s an exciting time. Here at Omnia, we see it often and will try to help in whatever way we can to ensure the move goes well.
Pulling from our experience, here are our best seven tips below for making the move as smooth as possible:
- Plan ahead to ensure your IT company is available on the day of your move to make sure you are able to get back online as quickly as possible.
- Be mindful to check timings with the office you are moving into as well as out of. A lot of offices will only allow for moves at the weekend.
- Remember the web! Business won’t stop because of your move and consider how you may communicate this to the outside world. Allocate the tasks of updating your webpage with your new address and contact details. It’s also a good idea to create a post for all your social media channels and website to let the public know you are moving.
- Bills bills bills. Boring, we know. To keep it as painless as possible, make a list and contact each provider to move over or review your account, or if moving into a serviced office, cancel.
- New letterheads, complement slips and so on will need to be ordered. Make sure these are done in advance to make sure all is in order.
- Keep staff informed, and delegate. Each staff member should be responsible for their own office items, boxing them up and labelling accordingly.
- Forward mail. You will need at least five working days to do this with the Post Office.
Good luck with your move!